Sunday 25 November 2012

Conclusion

This process journal became more journal than process. I think my process includes a lot of procrastination and this journal allowed me to procrastinate. Taking a moment to just stop and think about something different for a little. Or to reflect on things that I enjoyed and write it out. When I'm successful, my process just flows and I don't spent much time worrying about documenting it and then next thing I know, I'm done and I didn't document any of it. Having an iPhone actually did improve my process documentation a little but I still need to make it into a habit rather than a conscious thought because then the thought might not end up crossing my mind until I'm done but if it were habit, I'd be able to do it. I spend a lot of time doing things that are irrelevant to my work and call it part of my creative process, conceptualization, or research. It is usually never related to what I am doing but I think it might actually help me because sometimes I end up with an image in my mind or remembering something someone said and it becomes inspiration or somehow works out a design problem in my mind. My process is largely based on procrastination, discussions I have with people that I didn't expect to hep me with my work and just thinking.
I came up with how to make my pockets in my shorts one night before bed, it just popped into my mind and by morning I had a good idea of how to construct them. A lot of the time a good idea will just come to my mind in the morning and it ends up working. I don't exactly know how to document that as a process because it worked on the first try which seems unnatural for something I've never even thought about the construction of before.
Maybe I will actually keep this up as a process for myself. It helps me get my thoughts out if nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment